#21


I have this habit of getting over excited about something before it happens and then being so calm when it eventually happens. I've been flooding my bbm updates and announcing that my birthday was close months and weeks before and then the birthdayeventually came and I acted like nothing serious was happening.
It was my 21st birthday two weeks ago and I celebrated with few of my closest friends!It was somewhat impromptu as I was just back from nysc camp that week and it wasn't looking like it was going to happen, the venue I had in mind was fully booked I  decided to have it at home last minute instead of cancelling, it wasn't what I wanted but I'm just glad I got to celebrate with people that mean the world to me and Grateful to be alive, Joy full and well




The Big 21...
Someone asked me a few days later how it feels to be 21 and I replied "Normal". Is there supposed to be a special feeling that comes with being 21? Well I'm not feeling it BUT...

Let's just say I'VE GROWN; Literally and in every sense of the word.
 Spiritually, physically, Emotionally ...etc


I learned so much this past year, especially so much about Love and I let it  transform me into the Young woman that I am and that I'm becoming. 

I learned that trying to be who I'm not would only lead to a severe burn out. I'm an extremely shy introvert and sometimes I even ask myself what I'm doing having a blog, but then I can't even help it. This year I tried to be more outgoing and that helped a lot but only where it was really necessary [like networking and meeting other bloggers], other times It seemed like just stress.  For the first time in my life,  this year I didn't care that people complained about me being too quiet or reserved or shy and not for once did I apologize for being myself and it felt really good.

Overtime I've learnt that not everyone should be called "Friend". Someone wiser once said if your friends are more than the fingers on one hand then there's a problem. I agree. I Love everyone that comes my way but now I'm more careful about who I call Friend. I wrote this a while back. 

"A true friend is someone that prays for you even more than they pray for themselves, your true friends should Love God and Love you, your true friend is someone that knows you inside and out and doesn’t judge you but corrects you and also encourages you. Your True Friends should reflect your journey, your goals, your reputation, your aspirations and even your background. Always keep in mind that Friendship has its time and seasons after all twenty friends cannot play together for twenty years, people change some friends become acquaintances and some even become family. On your part try to be the best human friend anyone can possibly ask for". 

Lastly, I'm very far from a perfect Christianand this year my faith was tested severally but God's grace is perfect and I'm forever leaning on the strength of his everlasting arms to pick me whenever I fall short. 

Lastly Lastly, I've learned to accept that wherever I am at each point is exactly where God wants me to be at that time. There's always a purpose behind everything. I'll keep my mind open and grow through every situation. 


















PHOTOGRAPHY :XLTPHOTOGRAPHY
My Makeup :BEATBYAMBER


Let’s Connect & Be Social

Just click the links below to find me on social media.
Follow, fan, subscribe, connect... I'd love to hear from you!

Stay Beautiful 
xx




23 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your birthday
    And your makeup looks amazing!!
    Plus how come all of your friends have perfect eyebrows? Too cool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mide!
      Hahaha Three of them are Make up Artistes

      xx

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your birthday
    And your makeup looks amazing!!
    Plus how come all of your friends have perfect eyebrows? Too cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, love all the pictures! Had so much fun that day and thanks for letting beatbyamber makeover do your makeup love you babe xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures! I am glad that you feel that you have grown this year and I hope that you have a happy new year!

    Bree
    www.quirkybrownlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures.

    Have a lovely 21!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are beautiful...the makeup was on point (y)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww..pretty pictures and wonderful lessons..am glad you had fun..keep being you..those who matter would love you anyways!

    Sophsinspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures just had me smiling and the props look fun. Have a great year ahead, relish every moment and achieve all your dreams.
    http://pearlsprettyskin.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely post! Happy belated birthday! Lovely pictures too...your make up is on point!

    PoshNPetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving so Hot! I agree your makeup looks stunning on you, more celebrations to come, good health I wish you beautiful

    X
    www.mzcocoh.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  11. You looked really beautiful and you looked like you had fun. That's all that matters. The venue is just logistics and I'm glad you realised that and had fun anyways11

    Happy Birhday!! You've joined us aunties. Lol

    www.tomilolaescada.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha abi "big aunties"
      Thank you so much Tomilola!

      Delete
  12. Love your blog. Great post.

    I think we should follow each other .


    http://nokisses4u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.