For when you don't feel motivated...















                                                  

 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 [MSG]
You've all been to the stadium and seen the athletes race. Everyone runs; one wins. Run to win. All good athletes train hard. They do it for a gold medal that tarnishes and fades. You’re after one that’s gold eternally.
 I don’t know about you, but I’m running hard for the finish line. I’m giving it everything I've got. No sloppy living for me! I’m staying alert and in top condition. I’m not going to get caught napping, telling everyone else all about it and then 

Its getting to that time of the semester when school work and classes are starting to overwhelm me and I'm losing motivation and my mind set is just like "biko (please) when is this semester going to end??" 

I'm sure I'm not alone on this. There are times when we find ourselves physically strong, but emotionally weak with no drive to carry on [not just with school work, but with life in general] , we keep negotiating with ourselves not to do the things that would move us forward 
But here are a few tips that have helped me to get back on my feet and just FOCUS! I hope it helps you too


Remember why you do the things you do. What drives you? What's your Passion. I t could be because of what you envision your future to be, or because of your family members, Parents, Spouse or even friends. But most of all it should be for God (just like the scripture above says). God should be your drive, God should fuel your Passion. Make it all about Him and not about you and that's all you need. Shut your eyes and ears to human criticism or praises, there's more to achieve.

EAT I'm not talking excessive junk food depression kind of eating, just make sure you eat not less than twice a day. kick start you day with a very healthy breakie [this would go a long way], have a biscuit/snack you can nibble on when you suddenly go hungry during the day and make sure you have an awesome dinner! I remember looking like two twigs without any stamina or strength, my motivation level was zero but now I look like a woman, praise God!

Walk/jog/run take early morning walks by yourself, you can run or jog as well, since the beginning of the year I've forced myself to get out of bed almost every morning to go jogging with my best friend. It gives me some space to think and reflect and I always come back with a refreshed mindset ready to take on the challenges the day might bring. It has given me room to meditate and task my mind and get new ideas.

"Listen with your heart, you'll understand"

Clear your space I can't work in a scattered space, that's the fastest way to kill my drive. Before I study or get to work I make sure my space is clear. I really don't like libraries because they are too quiet and I don't really feel comfortable as I get distracted easily, so I try to make my space as clear and comfortable as possible to suit myself. I re-organize and arrange put on my study/work playlist and I'm good to go.

                                                                                                       
IMAGE: DEJAHGREENE
INSPIRED BY: KIMBERLYLUXE

I hope this helped in some way; do share with me how you get motivated...xx


5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing on and dropping by on my blog! Most times I just talk with my friends and family who inspire me!
    Now following you via GFc too.
    Waiting for ur follow back

    Www.mystyleorgy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and thanks for sharing as well!!

      Delete
  2. Great advice! Especially because I am literally going through the exact same feelings right now. Lord knows I am doing my best to fight through it but it can be daunting at times especially with a heavy load on your plate. I find taking a step back and doing things I enjoy can help with feeling a sense of rejuvenation and help me maintain my focus. It takes a while, but I think it's coming along lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to do my favorite things as well but then I get so into it that I forget I have work to do and then I end up being upset with myself even more.. God will see us through!
      Amen

      Delete
  3. That verse is everything! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.