Protective Style : Corporate Dreads

Hello Lovelies

Guess who Big chopped?! *points to self*. I'm officially no more a transition-er. I cut my relaxed ends of three days ago [February 21st]. I had one of those "don't think before you act moments" because I've been thinking too much about it for a while now and I always think myself out of actually doing it. My hair growth has been stagnant for about 3 years now so i stopped relaxing my hair a year and half ago and eventually made up my mind to cut it on Friday last week.
Speaking of big chop , transitioning and natural hair, as I was cutting off my relaxed ends on Friday a woman walks into the salon with natural hair [almost bra-length] and goes" I'm tired of this natural hair, I want to relax my hair" in  my mind I'm like "Nooooooo don't, I need your type of hair" but I couldn't say it out loud before she gives me the "mind your business what do you know" look. You wouldn't believe after she relaxed her hair she almost started crying and she started  blaming me for not warning her against relaxing her hair. Well I just apologized and told her she still looked beautiful with relaxed hair.
I asked my brother to help me snap my hair and because he was watching originals this was the best he could do ..urgh!. I'll definitely post better photos when I take out my dreads
I decided to lock my hair because its almost time for my final project defence and Final exams as an undergraduate; I won't have time to take care of my natural hair or even weaves right now and I think I made a very good decision. This is one hairstyle I would Love to do again and again 

PROS
Its not painful
It doesn't cut your hair even the edges
It can be washed
It lasts for about 2 months 
Its not heavy, therefore styling it is very easy
Its beautiful ^.^

CONS
I haven't experienced any but if I do I'll be sure to let you know!


I made it at Charles Place 
Jeho-Shammah Plaza Beside Ogba Garage, Ogba
Charles 08027287601


28 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you very much
      Please do leave your name next time ...x

      Delete
  2. Olakunmi Oni, loves it! Im joining you soon. Your precious anonymous blog reader xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks
      I wish you guys would leave your names
      Thank you very much tho.

      Delete
  3. I've been searching for the name, what locks did you use? Name or something and where did you get this done? Cu student too. Nice post btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by I've updated the post with details of where I got it done and the guys phone number. He provided the weave and everything
      xx

      Delete
  4. You look amazing. I'm still transitioning, doing the big chop is such a big move. I once wanted dreads also, but of course my parents didn't allow me to get them. - your newest follower (justaise.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you
      I know right! I didn't think before I even did it because I would have convinced myself not to.
      My mum didn't let me at first but I did it anyway..Lol
      Thanks for stopping by and following too..x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful hair, my next hairstyle :D ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am definitely doing this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks babe can't wait to see it on you..xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this so much it looks completely natural

    www.Islandchic77.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful hair x
    http://crystalcosmicchic.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The locks are nice, I just might try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it
      can't wait to see it on you..xx

      Delete
  11. Hmmm big chop :-O
    They suit you. I've been seeing alot of these lately. (With my current hair status) I'd really like to try the marley twists. You should!

    I've been thinking abou transitioning but I know when. Everyone I've spoken to say similar lines ' I just cut it and I didnt regret it' . Let me know how your journey is going gerrl


    www.mzcocoh.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Erm, I wouldn't recommend keeping the faux locs in that long o. Because your hair can actually get matted up, and it could become a disaster when you take it off. Also make sure to keep taking care of your hair - regular cleansing and moisturizing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've always wanted to make dreads, never knew where to make these ones.... thanks for the contact tho

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've always wanted to lock my hair but i never knew where, thanks for the contact... your hair is lovely btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Did you use kanekolon hair and gel to twist it? I love this hair style!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello olakunmi
    Thx for this post. For those of us who would rather use our hairstylists, kindly state the name of the style as well as the name of the dread/weave used. Thx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Olakunmi, thanks for this post.
    For those of us who would rather use our stylists, kindly provide the name of the style as well as the name if the locks used. Thx

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks lovely. its shocking how the installation only took a couple of hours. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi dear,your hair is lovely. Pls been trying to do this hair style.For those of us who dont live in Lagos.Please what is the name of the Attachment u used to get the dreads done.no one seems to know it.lool getting tired of asking. .

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.